Pages

Monday, May 26, 2014

Angel From Montgomery

Greetings from Moraine,

Today we went to the beach for the 8th time this summer.  We enjoy going to the Indiana Dunes State Park as a family.  Little Brother loves digging holes at the beach until we reach ground water.  He jumps and laughs and digs his toes into the "mud".  Big Brother played so much Frisbee today and he waded out into the mighty Lake Michigan.  Soon school will be out for the summer and Big will be playing and helping out around the house.

I recently celebrated my 33rd birthday.  I had a wonderful day and Sweetheart and I were able to go on a date to Shoreline Brewery in Michigan City, IN.  The following morning we took Sadie to Sunset Hill Farm County Park to see some bobolinks.  Sweetheart was on camera duty while I enjoyed my stroll with Sadie.  The photograph of the bobolink below was taken by my wonderful wife.

The past few weekends have been fun working in the garden and barn.  I am excited for our first radish!  Each year we get better at the garden layout.  The love for gardening must have been passed down from my grandma Shawver and my mother. I remember working the soil for my grandma each May.

Big Brother has been helping me on projects around the house.  A few weeks ago, Big brother and I built a wooden planter box for Mother's Day.  Little brother helped fill the box with rocks and soil.  Little brother loves to ride in Papo's wheelbarrow.

Moraine and the Dunes are wonderful places to see and hear the birds.  My grandparents on my father's side loved feeding birds.  Grandpa passed on to me the love for watching birds instead of television.  I remember going to their house and spending most of the time outside walking in the woods.  I can remember sitting on their back porch and watching bluebirds.  I also remember sitting with my grandma and watching hummingbirds.  I think of my grandparents often.  They were wonderful people.



Yellow Trout Lily

White Trout Lily

Dunes Nature Preserve

Moraine Nature Preserve



Common Nighthawks

Common Nighthawk

Common Nighthawk

Yellow Warbler


Common Yellowthroat

Male Common Yellowthroat

Female Common Yellowthroat

Little Brown Bird?

Bobolink

Green Heron

Turkey Vulture

American Woodcock


Female Ruby-throated Hummingbird

Love,

D

No comments:

Post a Comment